Are you look for easy cooking tips and techniques? Our lifestyle editor's Jenny may able to give you some advices!
Ingredients (about 16 tiny pieces)
Sponge cake from bakery shop
Purple Sweet Potato Cream
1 medium purple sweet potato (about 200g)
25g whipping cream
10g icing sugar (optional if the sweet potato is sweet enough)
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Wash the sweet potato and pat it dry with tissue paper.
- Wrap it with aluminium foil and place it on the oven rack.
- Bake for 1 hour. Insert a knife into the center to check the doneness.
- Take it out from the oven and remove the skin. (Sweet potato can be done in boiling method alternatively)
- Add whipping cream, icing sugar into mashed sweet potato and stir well.
- Press mashed the sweet potato through a fine sieve become silky and smooth cream.
- Put the cream into a piping bag with a star tip and set aside. If the cream is too stiff, add little water once at a time to check the piping consistency.
- Cut the sponge cake with 3.8cm diameter round cutter.
- Brush the surface of the cake with rum.
- Beat the whipping cream until it forms to stiff peaks and put into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Pipe little bit of whipping cream and put a piece of chestnut in the center.
- Pipe the cream around the chestnut, like a mountain.
- Pipe the sweet potato cream in swirls on top.
- Decorate with some chopped pistachio, dry cranberries and icing sugar.